5 Simple Tips To Fix Mistakes We Almost All Make When Putting On Makeup
Have you ever been putting on your makeup and when everything is going well, you suddenly make a mistake that ruins all of your efforts? Yeah? Me Too, We've all been there.
So, in this weeks article, you will find five of the most common mistakes we all make and the best tips to quickly fix them without having to take off all of your makeup!
1. You Put On A Little Bit Too Much Foundation
This is a very common mistake that we all make when we put on makeup. It's so easy to end up applying a bit too much, to take off any excess foundation, do the following:
• Lightly moisten a clean makeup sponge with water (the sponge should be almost dry and without any makeup residue) and sponge all of your face with downward movements.
TIP: It’s very important, most of all, to avoid excess foundation and concealer around the eyes as when too much is applied it can crease. To eliminate any excess in this area, perform the same step, and afterwards, use your fingertips to softly blur the product in that area.
2. Your Eyeshadow Went On Too Dark!
If you’ve put on too much eyeshadow, or it looks too dark, follow these simple steps to quickly fix the problem:
• If it's on your upper eyelid, blur the eyeshadow toward the edges with a clean brush to reduce the colour. If it still looks very dark, apply a little bit of matte cream eyeshadow with a brush (if you don’t have cream eyeshadow, you can use translucent powder) and blur the eyeshadow.
• If it's on the lower part of your eye, use a fine, clean brush to blur, or pat it softly with a Q-tip.
3. You've Applied Too Much Blush
Yep, it happens, but it's an easy fix.
• Stroke your cheek with a thick, loose powder brush—the brush should be completely clean. If you still have too much blush on, apply translucent or clear powder with the same brush, just over the blush. That way the two powders should mix, clarifying the original colour.
4. You've filled In Your Eyebrows Too Much
It's so easy to do! Especially if you're not the best at doing your brows like me.
• Simply brush your eyebrow with a clean Q-tip or eyebrow brush, going against the grain of your eyebrow. You will see how quickly the colour you initially applied disappears.
5. Smeared Mascara On Your Eye
That’s all right. Just follow these next steps and you’ll see how you can quickly fix the problem:
• Continue applying makeup and when you have finished, allowing enough time for the mascara to dry, Gently rub it off with a Q-tip right over the smudge.
TIP: A good trick to avoid smudging is applying mascara to your lower lashes first and then your top lashes.
There you have it, simple tricks to fix small mistakes!
Don't forget to subscribe and get my FREE ebook showing you how you can do a proper full facial routine in the comfort of your own home! Along with that you will learn what products are best for your skin type and receive a FREE infographic with the routine in a simple step by step guide.